Welcome friends and family to the Boyer blog!
Keep updated on the Boyer family adventures as we continue to learn and grow!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

I hope the new year brings new beginnings and happy memories!

New Years Eve, not too much to report besides Nathan being sick, but all of you know that's nothing new, we hit a couple parties and I was in bed by 11! Exciting I know!

As with every new year people set resolutions or goals and I use to but then realized most of these resolutions are unattainable and mostly revolve around losing weight. I'm over obsessing about my weight, it makes me miserable and depressed to dwell on the fact that I'm not a size 2 (or whatever). I've decided healthy is the way to go...as of this moment the ONLY thing wrong with me is that I'm anemic! So I want to focus more this year on my spiritual health.

Increasing my spirituality I think will boost my self-esteem and leave me more satisfied with life and I also believe being more spiritually in tuned will clear up any clouded thoughts and open my eyes to new possibilities!

So my "resolutions" this year is to read the Book of Mormon all the way through...a little secret...I've never actually read it all the way through so I'm going to! I also was to magnify my calling. I ALWAYS do my calling but I want to take it to a new level I want to experience joy from it...I want to be prepared to teach before Saturday night. I want to soak in all the experiences and have my life be blessed because of it. I want to prepare myself to go to the temple by October and become more steadfast in my scriptures and in my prayers...none of these things are hard to do but I think once a routine is established the more fervent I will become in the endurance part...

Wow, now that I'm made this post all about me I hope the kids will to benefit from my boost in spirituality and my efforts will stand as an example to them and provide evidence that religion is an important part of my life and in turn theirs as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment