Welcome friends and family to the Boyer blog!
Keep updated on the Boyer family adventures as we continue to learn and grow!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer lovin'


I'm totally loving summer time...well...mostly! I could do with the kids going back to school but I love that I don't have any set schedules (with the exception of church) and so far the weather's been fairly consistent.

With summertime comes barbecues, pools/beach/swimming, family vacations, relaxation, play dates, girls night, the drive inn, fire works, fairs, sundresses, picnics, water parks, and BONFIRES <3

There is one thing, call it the downside of summer, that puts a damper on all those wonderful summer activities. Can you guess what it is? Come on...take a guess! Waiting...waiting...did you guess a dirty house!?!?!?! If you did you're right! I for the LIFE of me cannot keep my house clean! It always seems like we're running in to grab stuff and running back out! Which would leave one to believe that because we're never home in the summer that the house would stay clean! HAHAHA, NOT! Instead I find that when we get home the clothes, dishes, random items get dumped in the first available 'bare' spot and I'm too tired or busy to deal with it! Then it builds up...until, I SWEAR, it will take me a few days of hustle to make it presentable again. However, lol, usually I clean my house when I feel inspiration hit but lately it's been whose coming over and WHEN!!!

To all the parents out there I'm sure you can relate...but summer also brings constant complaints of I'm bored, It's hot, Can I go...(you pick the destination), Mom, Nathans being mean to me...Mom, Annabel's breathing my air...MOM!!! Can any of you empathize with me?

However, despite the few (chuckles to myself) complaints of summer it totally makes it worth all of the time one gets to spend with family and friends! I just have to invent a solution to the dirty house syndrome and summer would be close to perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment