Welcome friends and family to the Boyer blog!
Keep updated on the Boyer family adventures as we continue to learn and grow!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Enchanted Forest


Family photo of BEFORE the trip! Just in case the rest of the pictures were a disaster! At least we started out with the right spirit ;)

LOL, so Jeff printed out the direction from MapQuest instead of taking the directions from the brochure! He wanted to save mileage...and if you know Jeff that's something HE ALWAYS SAYS!!! It's his obsession or something XD

Well we're driving and following the directions and GUESS WHAT!?!?!?! We turned onto a road and (hahahahahaha) the bridge was out! Did I happen to say that I was the one driving!? No, well I was and from that point on we got sooooo incredibly lost that we had no idea what road we were even on because of the lack of signs! UGH, so I'm TRYING to remain calm, knowing this wasn't HIS fault but not having a map or GPS I was quickly feeling my blood boil! We twisted and turned on roads with NO idea if that road wouldn't lead us down horrid back roads with NO cell signal (which happened frequently)! Finally we saw LIFE, well a person, and asked here in the heck we were...we had made it to some small town outside of ROME! YAY, so finally we knew where we were and made it to the McDonald's in Rome where some wonderful people pointed us in the right direction! We ended up postponing our arrival and HOUR AND A HALF but it was well worth the experience we had :)

This is the first picture we took :)

Thank heavens we did all the dry rides first because after the water it was pretty much over from there.

Annabel is such a little poser. In every picture I took she positioned in the funniest of ways...but...the Water Safari had this whole nursery rhyme theme! It was cute, we saw Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Humpty Dumpty, Peter Cottontail, you name any child's nursery rhyme and we saw it!

This one is from Hansel and Gretal! The kids got the biggest kick out of the giant cupcakes and ice ream sundaes !!


They also had this huge farm with all these animals...you walking into this cage (HUGE CAGE) and the animals were roaming free.


Here are the kids in Peter Cottontails egg :) So CUTE <3


Annabel and Nathans FIRST ferries wheel ride!


They were extremely well behaved. We even saw a circus show that was amazing and the ONLY time we had ANY problems was in the gift shop! I think it's pretty self explanatory as to why ;)


The train ride!! Nathan was THRILLED there was a train. It goes from one end of the park to the other.


The AMAZON

This ride was awesome we all could go...so we have this HUGE tube and have to ROLL it up this HUGE hill. I was petrified because I didn't know if we all could be in the same tube with Jeff and I both being bigger...but we made it :) Nathan almost cried all the way down, he was petrified!

CRAZIEST thing EVER!!

This ride scared the living daylights out of me! A single cable...suspended over the entire park, moves so slowly that you could feel every shake...all I could think was that I was going to fall and die! Oh man...! Jeff snapped this (not very good) picture of Annabel and I as I was freakin' out!

Last but not least :)

Our last thing we did before we left was have another family photo taken with Paul Bunyan...lol...we couldn't have asked for a better trip!

I am happy to report that we didn't get lost coming home and NEXT time I'll know EXACTLY how to get there!

2 comments:

  1. looked so fun!! n and a looked scared on the ferris wheel. did they like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I cannot believe how BIG the kids are getting!

    ReplyDelete